Halloween night is upon us! That means it's time to review some basic manners before little ghosts and princesses and pirates zoom around on a candy-induced sugar high.
• If trick-or-treating traffic is high, take care on the sidewalks: step to the right and let others walk by, and remind older children to avoid plowing down smaller children!
• Conquering several neighborhoods by car? Take care not to slam car doors, and of course watch out for other moving vehicles.
• Only go to houses with lights on. Any others won't have candy, anyway.
• Ring a doorbell just once.
• Say thank you before you go!