Happy National Etiquette Week! Let's talk about making conversation.
You'd think that talking should be easy, but making meaningful conversation can be hard.
Sometimes a gap in conversation is a comfortable silence among good friends, and sometimes it's terribly awkward. Getting a conversation going can also be difficult.
We suggest having a few ideas for conversation starters at the back of your head before going into a social situation. Depending on your setting and company—family dinners, dinner parties, teen parties, even an etiquette class!—you can rely on any number of our...
10 Conversation Starters
• What is your manners pet peeve?
• Is it better to burp or sneeze at the table?
• What could you do to help someone who is hungry?
• If you could be any character from a book, who would you be and why?
• If you could be any character from a movie, who would you be and why?
• If you could plan a perfect menu, what would it be?
• If you could plan a perfect vacation, where would you go and who would go with you?
• Who is your favorite teacher and why?
• What is the most fun thing you have done during the summer?
• If you could build a car, what would it look like?
See you tomorrow for more NEW etiquette tips!